Friday, March 7, 2008

It's time to be a Man

I met with an accountability group comprised of my brother, my dad, and a lifelong friend last night and the little light in my head switched on. I have been married for the last year and 7 months and I hate to say it, but I have failed when it comes to being the "man" of my house. First of all, my wife is wonderful, beautiful, and I love her very much and it hurts me to know that I have not been the best I can be for her. Furthermore, I have never in my life looked at my manhood in the light that I do today. It is exciting to be a man...I learned last night that I should have a clear vision of where I want to lead my family spiritually. I also learned that I need to stop playing the blame game and take responsibility for my faults, my actions, and my shortcomings. It is time to step up to the plate and be the man God has called me to be!!