Monday, March 10, 2008

Good morning

I've never been a fan of using analogies that we as humans can understand to try to understand the ways of our Father in heaven. He is just infinitely above what the most genius human mind would even like to try and comprehend, however, I thought of one this morning. My dog, Kinley, misbehaved badly today by chewing up a cable that was buried..again I say buried...in our back yard. Unfortunately, I lost my temper not only when I caught her in the act, but also when I noticed (in the process of trying to catch her) 2 new large holes in the yard. I felt rage and I took it out on Kinley with several swats to the booty and shutting her outside while she cried for 10 minutes (She is asleep right now b/c I think it took it out of her). Here is the problem...though I know the cable could have shocked her and that she was doing bad stuff, she had no idea what she was doing and I punished her severely for her ignorance. I feel guilty now about being harsh to her, but who cares? I've already done it and I can't change the fact that I did. The point that I am trying to make is this. Every human messes up every single day, myself included, and I have to say that I am glad God is not like me or better yet does not punish me like I did Kinley today. His grace surpasses our understanding along with everything else about Him. The one thing that I do know about His grace is that it is good, and it is sweet, and it is unbelievably better than anything this world has to offer.

No comments: