Monday, March 3, 2008

I'm new at this blogging thing

Hello everyone...or should I say anyone?

This is my first blog post ever. I don't really have alot to say right now because I'm not really feeling the inspiration right now. I will say, however, that I used to not pay attention to politics until now.
I believe this general election is the most important of my lifetime and possibly even the baby boomer's generation. We have a country divided if you will...Unfortunately both sides have began to leave behind their moral convictions of what is right and wrong in order to embrace the new idea that tolerance is a virtue. Let me be the first to say that tolerance has its place, but it is not a virtue...It is not a virtue to have no backbone by not standing up for your beliefs, it is not a virtue to claim that truth is relative and what is wrong for me, may be right for you, it is not a virtue to be afraid to be persecuted because you did the right thing in a tough situation, it is not a virtue to make everybody happy, and I could go on...but I think the point has been clarified.
I am calling on all Christians (maybe just myself) to stand up and do what is right even when we think people will respond negatively. In the long run........................................................................................................................................................................................................................truth always prevails

1 comment:

Matt McMains said...

Preach it brother! You sure you're in the right field..maybe you should be in the pulpit - but, I guess, the world is our pulpit!!! Peace out.